Many of our customers are also fans of raw foods. This recipe comes from Farnoosh Brock of Prolific Living. We’ve modified it by adding 1/3 cup pure calcium bentonite clay for internal use. Walnuts or cashews can be substituted for almonds and dates, raisins or other dried fruit can be substituted for the figs. Non-raw ingredients can of course also be substituted.
1.5 cups raw almonds
1/3 cup pure calcium bentonite clay
~15 dried figs
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/8 cup filtered water
1. Blend the almonds and clay in a food processor for about 30 seconds until you have a fine consistency.
2. Add the figs and cacao powder to the food processor; blend for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the coconut powder and pulse 5 times.
4. Add the water and pulse 5 times or until the mixture begins to solidify.
5. Spread the mixture onto one half of a small baking tray lined with parchment paper; fold the parchment paper over the mixture and mold the mixture into a block approximately 1″ thick.
6. Place the baking tray into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
7. Remove the tray from the refrigerator and cut the block into bite-sized pieces.
Sign up for our free newsletter, choose topics of interest to you and receive relevant health and wellness information.
Subscribe to our blog using the orange RSS icon to the right of the post above the Categories banner.